We are manufacturers of Marine Instrument Deployment Systems, Bow Thrusters and Hydraulic Cylinders. At Ocean Marine Systems we specialise in the custom design and manufacture of all products in-house. We use the latest materials and manufacturing techniques to provide the finest leading-edge solutions. We are looking for a Technical Engineer to join our team.
- To work closely with the Production and Project Management team to build and test our range of deployment hoists, thrusters and hydraulic cylinders.
- To carry out internal and external testing and work with classification societies for product approval.
- To travel in UK and overseas to conduct installations, repair and commission our range of products.
Specific Activities Include:
- Assembling, testing and servicing of the Company’s entire range of deployment hoists, bow and stern thrusters, as well as hydraulic cylinders and other related hydraulic systems.
- Maintaining build manuals and recording of any defects / non-conformances / test data / continuous improvements etc.
- Responsibility for quality assurance on assembly of all products you build.
- Engineer for field work regarding installation, repairs or servicing matters.
- Provide feedback loop to design department on continuous improvements to easy assembly, improve serviceability and reduce assembly time.
- Assistance in general engineering and development of the product ranges, encompassing occasional office-based tasks.
- Other duties as and when defined by the Board of Directors.
- Prior experience in a mechanical background is essential.
- Hydraulic and Gearbox systems experience an advantage but are not necessary.
- Must hold appropriate paperwork to travel abroad at short notice.
- Not afraid to speak with Clients and be the main point of contact.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Punctual, Self-motivated, able to focus on tasks in hand and work without direct supervision.
- Must maintain a clean working environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good numerical skills are essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Willingness to work extended hours as and when the needs of the business dictate.
- Team player.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next member of our team, don’t hesitate to apply today!
Work remotely: No
Day off on your birthday
Monday to Friday
8 am – 5 pm Monday – Thursday
8 am – 12 noon Friday
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact Rachel Williams, Production Controller Rachel.Williams@oms.ltd