We are looking for Design Engineers to be involved in all elements of the design process. Including, but not limited to, the design of new products across the range of Hydraulics, Thrusters, Propulsion, and deployment areas. Continuous development of the existing product offering, utilising calculation, design for production and cost analysis.
Specific Activities Include:
- Design of thrusters, propulsion, and instrument deployment hoists.
- Design of hydraulic cylinders and their sealing arrangements, hydraulic component specification and system design.
- Checking of components and assembly strengths where required, through calculations.
- Detailing of CAD drawings for custom product design, adding and constructing bills of materials on ERP system.
- Verification of drawings in accordance with Company standards.
- Drawing of pre-sale conceptual models and image rendering.
- Involvement in product rationalisation to assist with production costing and economies of scale.
- Stress analysis of Components and Assemblies.
- Rendering of graphical illustrations and production of 3D model animations.
- Design and Production of product manuals for thrusters, hydraulics, and hoists
- Testing, prototyping and development of new and custom products.
- Issuing of drawings to Project Manager.
- Other duties as and when defined by the Board of Directors.
- Determined problem solver. Dynamic with the ability to overcome challenges.
- Excellent communicator and all-round team player.
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor suite or equivalent 3D CAD Package.
- Experience with Autodesk Vault or equivalent PLM software.
- Good understanding of basic mechanical formulae and calculations.
- Experience with electric motors and control is beneficial.
- Prior experience with Hydraulics is an advantage but not essential.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience or knowledge of FEA Analysis.
- Experience of Adobe based packages such as Indesign or Photoshop is beneficial.
- Self-motivated person with a positive outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines/project milestones.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next member of our team, don’t hesitate apply today!
Work remotely: No
- Company pension
- Day off on your birthday
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Thursday
- 8 am – 12 noon Friday
Ready to apply?
To apply please contact Ben Green Head of Design – email@example.com